POST 10 is TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
ALL SPECIAL EVENTS ARE CANCELLED
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Each year we honor, celebrate, or remember certain important dates. We hold ceremonies to commemorate many of them, with the dates sometimes varying depending on when they fall. Check our newsletter and calendar for details.
- Four Immortal Chaplains (ceremony near the actual date of February 3)
- Robert V. McMaugh's Birthday - February 22, 1962
- Founding of The American Legion - March 15 - 17, 1919
- Post Everlasting (ceremony normally held during April membership meeting)
- Memorial Day (ceremony at noon on last Monday in May)
- Flag Day (ceremony on June 14 in early evening)
- U.S. Army Birthday - June 14, 1775 (cake following Flag Day ceremony)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- U.S. Coast Guard Birthday - August 4, 1790 (cake in evening)
- U.S. Air Force Birthday - September 18, 1947 (cake in evening)
- POW/MIA Recognition Day - third Friday in September (ceremony at 8 p.m.)
- U.S. Navy Birthday - October 13, 1775 (cake in evening)
- U.S. Marine Corps Birthday - November 10, 1775 (cake cutting in evening)
- Veterans Day - November 11 (ceremony at 11 a.m.)
There are several local events that we traditionally participate in:
- Manassas St. Patrick's Parade
- Manassas Fall Jubilee (normally early October)
- Greater Manassas Christmas Parade (usually first Saturday in December)
There are several others in which our involvement varies from year to year, such as an open house at the Manassas Airport, ceremony at the McCoart Building for Armed Forces Day, etc. As always, the newsletter and calendar will be your best source of current information.